Sunday, September 12, 2010

Catchin' up

So I worked Sat 9/11, a pretty relaxing day for the most part, only 6 calls in 12 hrs which is significantly quiet compared to the 15-20 I'm normally used to.  I got to work with a medic who has been a medic over 30 years, quite amazing actually, to hear the stories of how it was "back in the day".  Inspiring to say the least.  Nothing too crazy, a pretty wicked thumb injury from an MVA and a possible CVA, and a few cancels.  To me its just good to be on the truck out and about knowing there is the possibility of making a difference.

I took off sunday to spend some time with my girlfriend, taking off is a rather rare occasion for me, I love working the Medic units on my time off, but it was extremely nice to veg out on the couch all day with her.  Relaxing but tiring, amazing how doing nothing all day seems to make you more tired than running a marathon, (Not that I have ever run a marathon).

I enrolled in a Nursing program a few weeks ago, waiting on my books to come in so I can begin studying.  Im not sure if I want to be a nurse yet, or what I want to do in the nursing field but I know that I want to expand my knowledge, if only to become a better paramedic for my patients.  So I am rather excited to begin that journey and become a better clinician. 

Back to work at the firehouse tomorrow, hopefully a few calls, or at least something out of the normal routine would be exciting.  I been toying with the idea of sitting and working on my own little medic refresher, a schedule to review all of the pertinent material and skills just to keep it fresh in my mind.  Just dont know where i will find the time with all the studying that lies in the near future. Have a few classes lined up as well to get some CEUs before recerting early next year...

Well its off to bed, G'night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment