Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bad decisions...

I think my personality is one that constantly desires achievement.  I gain satisfaction through setting goals and attaining said goals.  For me becoming a medic was an easy decision, I enjoyed EMS but wanted to expand my knowledge and skill base to be able to provide a wider array of treatments to the patients I saw.  Since I did not finish college, I am looking to expand my knowledge even further to become an even better medic.  To me enrolling in a program to get lisenced as an RN was the next logical move.  However, I still need a lot of general education requirements.  Since I work 64hrs every week I do not have time to attend a traditional nursing program.  I opted for a self study program specifically designed for students who work in the healthcare field already.  All of the clinical time is waived provided the student can pass an extensive practical exam.  Seemed like a great idea, I could power through a lot of the classes by studying on my own time and then taking the final exam when ready.  Little did I know how hard it would be to read a 1000 page text book cover to cover...  I am 2 pages in and I cant even concentrate... what did I get myself into?  well back to studying so wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are selling yourself short. I've known you for a while, and you're incredibly intelligent, determined and highly motivated. I think the reason you cannot concentrate is because of something else, like a video game perhaps (lol?) and it's pulling your attention away. Once you get done what you want done in that game, I have a feeling you will be able to concentrate a lot more. I have faith. :)

    ReplyDelete